Morning naps are definitely not as consistent as I'd hoped they would be at this point. I wasn't expecting any miracles, but it would be nice if he slept longer than he cried.
Day 4
4:00 awake, nurse
4:15 into crib awake
6:30 awake. Nurse in bed
8:47 nurse in glider
8:45 Into crib awake, fuss
9:21 Asleep
9:55 awake, cry
1010 out of bed
12:58 nurse in glider
1:07 into crib awake
1:24 asleep
2:25 had to wake him
6:30 asleep
10:30 awake, cry, nurse
10:45 in crib awake
Nap #1: took 26 mins to fall asleep, slept 34 mins
Nap #2: took 17 mins to fall asleep, slept 61 mins before I had to wake him (which I HATE! Need to find an alternate way to get Mason home after school)
Bedtime: he goes to sleep fairly easily at night, but the 10:30 waking was not impressive. I fed him, but I don't want to keep this up for long. I want him to sleep longer stretches at night!
Day 5
5:30 awake, nurse in bed, sleep
6:50 awake
8:40 nurse in glider
8:49 into crib awake, fuss
9:07 asleep
9:50 cry out once, (back to sleep?)
10:00 awake
1:10 nursed, into crib awake, cry fuss
135 asleep
2:53 awake
Super fussy all afternoon
5:45 MELTDOWN
5:54 nurse
6:10 In crib
9:40 awake (quiet on own)
10:30 awake (quiet on his own)
Nap #1: took 18 mins to fall asleep, slept 59 or 69 mins (depending on if he stayed awake after that cry out or if he snoozed a bit more after
Nap #2: took 25 mins to fall asleep, slept 1h18m (this was a good nap!)
Bedtime: easy, and this time, even though he seemed to wake twice, he put himself back to sleep easily both times.
Issues:
Trying to get Nolan to sleep before 1pm for his afternoon nap is pretty pointless. 1pm seems to be the magic time for him to go to sleep so trying prior to that just increases the time he spends crying because he isn't ready yet. But, because Mason's school is out at 2:30, this means I have to wake Nolan to go get him. It's so counter productive! Here I am trying to encourage this little baby to sleep and then I have to interrupt him the off time he actually does what I want him too. I need to find someone to walk Mason home for me.
It looks like your getting somewhere! I find once my kids start to catch up on sleep they can go longer between naps, kelties out of school at 2:30 too. So Hudson's day is up at 7, nap around 10 now, just started, was at 9, he only naps about an hour in the am. I hold him off on his afternoon nap until 3 when we are home from school. And he will nap until 4:30-5 bed time at 8. Hudson goes to sleep on his own but still doesn't STTN :(
ReplyDelete