I'm starting to see a pattern forming with Nolan. (Although, sleep habits with him are so sporadic that it probably won't be a pattern for long.)
-He wakes for the day between 6:15 and 6:45
-Nap #1 is as early as I can get it, in the ball park of 9am, and he makes the least fuss at this nap
-Nap #2 is a freaking gong show
-Bedtime is the easiest part of my day with him
Here's how Day 3 (yesterday) went:
Day 3 -STTN
6:30 wake up, nurse in bed, doze
7:10 awake
9:24 into crib awake, babble, fuss, cry
9:39 asleep
10:07 cry out (end of sleep cycle?)
10:10 asleep (good boy!!)
10:56 up
12:40 nurse in glider
12:48 crib, awake cry, fuss, babble
2 o'clock out of the crib
220 into stroller
255 asleep
3:25 awake
6:40into crib awake
6:45 asleep
Another night of Sleeping through the Night for Nolan! I think that made 3 in a row. Awesome. I'm still not holding out any hope that this really will be the start of him consistently STTN.
One small victory for Nolan yesterday was that he seemed to put himself back to sleep after waking after his first sleep cycle. This is H.U.G.E for him. Prior to jumping on the official sleep training bandwagon, he would nap 30 minutes exactly and then cry and I'd have to get him up. This told me that he would go through one sleep cycle and then wouldn't be able to get himself back to sleep to continue the nap. But, 3 days into being put to bed awake seems to have started to help him with that. Even if it's a one-off, at least I know that he's capable.
The second nap was non-existant. I got him into his crib after being awake only 1 hour and 48 minutes, so I thought I had the timing right. But, he cried, fussed and babbled for a while and then just all-out screamed for the rest of a solid hour. Someone knocked on the door at that point so I just got him up. I put him in the stroller to go get Mason from school and he fell asleep sometime around 2:55 (not sure exactly what time because I just happened to look in on him and he was out. I figure he had at least a 30min catnap in the stroller. Not great, but I suppose it got us through.
Bedtime was easy as always :)
No comments:
Post a Comment