Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 2

Day 2 (yesterday) didn't go toooo badly. I always expect the worst out of Nolan; that way, if he actually manages to sleep more than 5 minutes a day, I'm pleasantly surprised!

Here's yesterday's log:

6:30 awake, nurse in bed
7:00 out of bed, bum change, play, eat, drop kids at school
8:40 nurse in glider
8:50 into crib awake, brief cry, babbling
9:13 asleep
10:36 awake
12:40 nurse in glider
12:53 into crib awake, fuss
1:20 asleep
1:37 awake, cry
1:57 up, nurse on couch
3:45 asleep in stroller
4:15 up
6:40 in crib, babbling
6:50 asleep.
(Slept through the night! Second night in a row. WOW.)

I think the key here is getting him into his crib for naps *early*. He doesn't seem to do so well with being up more than 2 hours in the morning and probably 3 hours between when naps #1 and #2 should be. The morning nap was 1h23m! Yay Nolan :) This is huge for us.

Afternoon nap... eh, not so hot. He cried for 27m and then only slept for 13m THIS is typical Nolan. I did let him cry in his crib for 20 mins and at that point it seemed pretty clear that he wasn't going to sleep longer, so I got him up. I put him in the stroller and we walked to pick Mason up from school. He managed another 30m catnap which isn't great in the big picture, but it helps us limp through the day and get to bedtime without an atomic meltdown.

Bedtime was fine - thank goodness we already went through the hard part of doing that at 4 months. He was in bed awake by 6:40 and babbled to himself a bit. He was out by 6:50 and slept solidly until 6:30am today! That's TWO nights of sleeping through. Amazing for this household! 

*Extra bonus: There were no nightmares or peeing the bed from the older two, so Matt and I truly did SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT. Without a word of a lie, I can't remember the last time this happened. I'd put money on it that it hasn't happened in 8 months.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment